Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Putting the yard to bed

Today was remarkable in the co-incidence of a warmish day & me feeling well enough to get things done.
After the grocery & lunch it was finally time to go outside. I got a bunch of stuff done, like digging up the gladiola
bulbs, planting the rooted climbing rose cuttings that have been on the porch all summer & fall, collecting the seeds from the giant tom thumb impatiens, carting away the pile of pine needles I raked up a month ago, putting all the potted plants and the trough in on the porch, and most importantly pulling up the few remaining plants & turning over the garden soil & adding some more lime. I am so excited to have gotten all of this done. I feel like I haven't done anything in the yard since the start of August. It felt good to be out there. The kids also had a great time - they harvested worms from the turned soil. Max dug a really deep hole for them to live in. Dessa took a great picture of me.


I took a picture of a worm.

No comments: