Sunday, February 17, 2008

Brilliant.

It's no secret that I think my husband is pretty incredible, but there are times when he really, really blows me away.
The framing is done & we got past the rough heat bills to order the first load of drywall. It was delivered on Saturday & put in the garage. Paul had been thinking about how to get it up the rather tight stairway. Once it was here, he got to work on his plan.
A couple long 2 X 4's to act as a ramp.


Some rotating stops to act as a shelf, but to tip out of the way when sliding a sheet of drywall up.


The ramp pieces pivot as needed to get the 4 X 8 sheet turned in a 9 X 4' space.


From there the sheet stands on the 'easel' while he goes up the stairs behind it.


And from the hallway upstairs he lifts the piece & puts it in the first room to get walls.


I think he's amazing. I also have to say, this guy takes the words 'do it yourself' pretty seriously.

No comments: